MTA holds events from time to time to deliver training, entertainment, information, and other services to MTA Members and, in some instances, non-members.
MTA aims to deliver on every planned event, but from time to time events must be postponed, relocated, or cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Similarly, MTA understands that attendees must sometimes withdraw their participation in an event.
This policy sets out how MTA will handle event cancellations (and other changes) and refunds of event fees.
- Cancellation or other change by MTA
- MTA may occasionally need to cancel, reschedule, or relocate an event.
- MTA will advise attendees within a reasonable time of any cancellation, rescheduling, or relocation using the email address or phone number provided by the attendee at the time of booking.
- If an event is rescheduled or relocated, all registered attendees’ tickets will be automatically transferred to the new date and/or location.
- If an event is cancelled or the attendee cannot attend a rescheduled or relocated event (if one is available), then the attendee will be entitled to a full refund of the ticket price, including any applicable booking or transaction fees.
- All bookings paid for by credit or debit card will be refunded by MTA to the purchasing card within a reasonable time after notification of the event cancellation.
- Invoices for direct credit invoice bookings (available to MTA members only) are not issued until after an event. As such, if an event is cancelled, no invoice will be created and no payment will be expected.
- MTA will not be liable for any other losses incurred by an attendee as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
- Cancellation by attendee
- If an attendee wishes to cancel their booking they should contact the person indicated on the event information. If an attendee is unable to find these details they can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all cancellations made more than 48 hours before an event’s scheduled start time, the attendee will receive a full refund, including any applicable booking and transaction fees.
- All bookings paid for by credit or debit card will be refunded by MTA to the purchasing card within a reasonable time.
- Invoices for direct credit invoice bookings (available to MTA members only) are not issued until after the relevant event. These invoices will not be created and no payment will be expected.
- For all cancellations made within fewer than 48 hours of the event’s scheduled start time, the attendee will receive no refund.
- MTA may take extenuating circumstances into account and offer more lenient cancellation terms on a case-by-case basis. To discuss this please contact email@example.com
- MTA reserves the right to amend this Cancellation Policy from time to time, at its discretion.